The year 2021 is going to be history soon and 2022 will dawn upon us. The year 2020 and 2021 will always be remembered as the lockdown and corona years. At the end of 2020, we were expecting that our lives will be much better in 2021 and the humans will get the freedom from corona. Nevertheless, people accepted the presence of corona in 2021 and started working on impoverishing their lives.
The scenario certainly looks better in 2021 though not as grand as expected. The pandemic also marks chaos in world politics & economics along with individuals’ finances & minds. The year 2021 witnessed traumas, loss of lives and jobs; and at the same time, there was a rise of new entrepreneurs who identified opportunities in disguise. At the same time, individuals started concentrating more on the inner mechanism–contentment, satisfaction and overall wellbeing.
People started working on their well-being more than before. The year 2020 saw the struggle of managing family and work together from home whereas 2021 brought somewhat balance to it. The human being has changed more inside than outside. The whole approach and attitude towards life has gone through a transformation. A year 2021 deserves special gratitude and appreciation that has channelized our lives towards a new beginning–made us more empathetic, innovative, co-operative and more aware.
Year-end Gratitude Journal Tips
Each one of us has our own achievements and shifts in inner mechanisms as well as outer realities for the goodbye year. We cannot rise in life without guidance and support from others. So list those people who were instrumental in bringing that change to you. Express your gratitude for them in your digital or physical journal. Make it a point that you list grateful events and people with reason and vivid detail. The gratitude exercise will help us see how blessed we are before we prepare a long wish list for the New Year.
The simple ideas/tips given below will help you put together a beautiful gratitude journal for the goodbye year.
- Your presence on the earth. You can feel it as all of your senses work impeccably
- Sound sleep every night
- Mind with less agitations
- Safe & cozy home
- Big and little occasions of happiness, joy & celebration.
- Moments of courage, peace, harmony, strength and confidence.
- Encounters of admiration, appreciation & blessings
- Special & distinct gifts or wishes given by someone.
- Meeting friends and relatives after a long time.
- Professional/business achievements
- People helped/inspired you to keep yourself healthy & happy directly & indirectly
- Books/movies/music which helped you enhance your life experiences.
- Unexpected favors/help by total strangers
- Travel: exploring new people and places
- Adventure experiences like trekking or bungee jumping if any
- Pilgrimage taken if any
- New activity/hobby/venture taken up if any
- The changes experienced in the mental and emotional make up
- New home/new gadgets/ vehicle/ instruments
- Visiting known places with different experience
- Tasty & healthy dishes enjoyed by you
- Green environment
- Inner experiences
You can go through the following links which will help you understand the concept of gratitude in a more profound way
- The science of Gratitude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMd1CcGZYwU
- How To Keep A Gratitude Journal | Think Out Loud With Jay Shetty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd_iXC0Jko4
- The Present – OFFICIAL : You can live a perfect life even with imperfect situations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjqiU5FgsYc
- The Power Of Gratitude – Oprah Winfrey Speech: The Power Of Gratitude – Oprah Winfrey Speech
Say “Thank You” – A Motivational Video On The Importance Of Gratitude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzynHWxn5Q